ORDINANCE NUMBER 15-10813
AN ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE AMENDMENT OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, THE SAME BEING CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP THEREIN AND THEREBY ADOPTED AND PROVIDING FOR THE REZONING OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES THEREOF.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the real estate described real estate:
Lots One (1) through Nineteen (19), Block One (1) and Lots One (1) through Six (6), Block Two (2) of Pheasant Ridge Addition Number 3 to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas. (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
1. All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
2. The property cannot be developed residentially under its current A-1 zoning designation and the location and physical attributes of the Property and the availability of public utilities make it suitable for single-family residential development;
3. The subject site is a logical extension of the existing residential development pattern in the Pheasant Ridge Addition and Pheasant Ridge Addition No. 2 and the requested R-1 zoning would be compatible with the zoning and land use of nearby properties;
4. Needed public utilities exist or can be extended in proposed easements and right-of-ways to serve this 9.23 acre site; and
5. The requested zoning change would be consistent with the city’s Comprehensive Plan which calls for future Suburban Residential-type development in this area.
Section 2. AMENDMENT. DISTRICT "R-1", SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT "R-1", SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances in conflict herewith as they relate to the above described real estate are hereby repealed.
Section 4. Summary of ordinance for publication. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 15-10813 Summary
On March 28, 2016, the City of Salina, Kansas, passed Ordinance No. 15-10813. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of property located on the east side of Prairie Lane, north of Crawford Street to R-1 (Single-Family Residential). A complete copy of the ordinance is available at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the city clerk, 300 W. Ash Street, free of charge. This summary is certified by the city attorney.
Section 5. Effective date. That this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication of the summary once in the official city newspaper.
Introduced: December 21, 2015
Passed: March 28, 2016
Jon R. Blanchard, Mayor
Shandi Wicks, CMC, City Clerk