9/27/2019 - Santa Fe Avenue Streetscape Update (Iron Avenue Open)
On Friday, September 27, 2019, Smoky Hill Construction opened east and westbound Iron Avenue to thru traffic. Parking, west of Santa Fe Avenue, remains closed to allow for sidewalk and brick construction to continue.
- All businesses on Iron Avenue in this work area will have access to their doors with parking in the back along 7th Street.
- The majority of parking, sidewalk and brick areas are complete south of Iron Avenue.
- Strand Plaza work continues with a mid-October completion estimate.
- Sidewalk, brick and planter work continues north of Iron Avenue along the west side, parking will remain closed.
- Overhead structure work near Campbell/Strand Plaza should occur late next week, with final placement shortly thereafter.
Plenty of downtown parking exists in the public parking lots and along 5th Street and 7th Street.
Smoky Hill Construction is a Salina based company working with the city to improve downtown Salina. For questions, contact Rick Brown, Public Relations with Smoky Hill Construction, at (785) 819-6316.