ORDINANCE NUMBER 22-11109
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate (referred to as the “Property”):
The West half (W ½) of Lot 3, less the North 66 feet of East 108 feet thereof, the West half (W ½) of Lot 8, all of Lots 2 and 9 plus the West half of the East half (W ½ E ½) of Lot 8, all in Plat One (1), Plat of Lamer Subdivision, an addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas.
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- The current MH-P zoning is not desirable and inhibits the redevelopment of the Property which is capable of supporting higher residential density. Due to its location and frontage on an arterial street and its size (2.64 acres) the Property is not well suited for development of single-family homes.
- Due to the nature and intensity of neighboring uses, R-2.5 zoning and the development of the Property with multi-family dwellings will not adversely affect the surrounding neighborhood or nearby properties.
- Public utilities and services are in place and adequate to support multi-family housing;
- The locational features of this site are consistent with the locational preferences for multi-family housing identified in the Comprehensive Plan and a land use change to Urban Residential can be justified in this case; and
- There is an identified need for additional rental housing units in the community.
Section 2. AMENDMENT. DISTRICT "R-2.5", MULTIPLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT "R-2.5", MULTIPLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances in conflict herewith as they relate to the Property are hereby repealed.
Section 4. Effective date; publication summary. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 22-11109 Summary
On April 11, 2022, the City of Salina, Kansas, passed Ordinance No. 22-11109. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of property located on the south side of West Cloud Street west of Broadway Boulevard to R-2.5 (Multiple-Family Residential) and outlines the findings of the City Commission in support of the change in zoning. A complete copy of the ordinance is available at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the city clerk, 300 W. Ash Street, free of charge. This summary is certified by the city attorney.
Introduced: April 4, 2022
Passed: April 11, 2022
Trent W. Davis, M.D., Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk