ORDINANCE NUMBER 22-11137
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lots 8 and 9, Block 3 of the Ryan Addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- Lots 8 and 9, Block 3 have adequate width (84 ft.) and are not impacted by utility easements making them suitable for townhome construction; and
- Approval of the requested zoning change will not change the character or overall development pattern of the subdivision;
- Utility capacity and fire flows are adequate to support construction of townhomes on these lots;
- Approval of the requested zoning change will not increase traffic volumes or theresidential density in the Ryan Addition because the overall housing mix between single and two family dwellings will remain the same;
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “R-2” MULTIPLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “R-2” Multi-Family Residential District.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Effective date; publication summary. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 22-11137 Summary
On November 7, 2022, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 22-11137. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of two lots located on the north side of Harbor Drive east of Fountain Drive as legally described in the ordinance to R-2 (Multiple Family Residential) and outlines the findings of the City Commission in support of the change in zoning. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: October 24, 2022
Passed: November 7, 2022
Trent W. Davis, M.D., Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk